Leigh Nguyen

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Hot Import Nights: Orlando, FL (7/8/6)

Hi Everyone,

I just got back from Orlando, FL where I had an absolute blast! This time, I flew to the show instead of hitting the road which was so much better, but I did run into a few problems on the way. Upon descent into the Orlando area, the airport shut down the runway due to the wet conditions caused by the summer showers. We circled the area for 25-30 minutes and they informed us that if they did not re-open the runway soon, we would detour to Jacksonville, FL! Luckily, they reopened the strip a few minutes later and we were given clearance to land. With all the flights landing at once, baggage claim was a jungle. Poor Pearl had to circle the airport a zillion times waiting for me!

Despite the weather, Orlando is a very pretty town. I guess having Disney World as the main attraction really affects the town because all the restaurants within the vicinity had aesthetically pleasing and eye-catching themes. After a detour through the Disney World ground, which can get confusing if you don't know where you're going (and we didn't), Pearl and I headed back to our hotel to relax and get ready for the pre-party inside Universal Studios!

After taking note that we parked in Jurassic Park, row 403, we walked through the amusement park grounds to a very classy and elegant club called The Groove. I had a blast hanging out with everyone there, including the BabeBlvd guys (Steve Bitanga, Dennis, and Hong Le), Lisa Fleming, Pam Rodriguez, K.T. So, Elizabeth Le, Julius, the other PMGirls, and the HIN staff. It was a double celebration as Miles from HIN was celebrating his birthday! Here are some pics from the party:

Me, Eri Moriyama, Hyonni, and Elizabeth Le

Steve Bitanga, me, and Pearl Nalani

Me, Pearl Nalani, and Jayde Nalani-Mei

Jayde Nalani-Mei, me, and Pearl

Me, Jayde Nalani-Mei, and Lisa Fleming

Pam Rodriguez

Pearl Nalani

Elizabeth Le, me, and Jayde Nalani-Mei

Pam Rodriguez, me, Pearl Nalani, and Elizabeth Le

Me, Steve Bitanga, Pearl Nalani, Dennis, and Jayde Nalani-Mei

The next morning, we all woke up early and decided to do a quick photoshoot with BabeBlvd.com before heading to the show. At the show we pretty much parted ways as Jayde Nalani-Mei worked in the Chevrolet booth, Eri Moriyama with Falken Tires, and Pearl Nalani took breaks from the Modified Lounge go-go'd as well as judged the go-go competition (congratulations to Pam Rodriguez on winning). I stayed in the Modified Lounge where I got to meet the nicest fans and spectators. There was a huge crowd but it was a nice easy pace, so I got to actually talk and meet with everyone who came by the booth as well as take some time and goof off with Pearl! Here are some pictures I took at the show:

Pearl Nalani, a fan, and me

A beautiful baby boy and me

Pearl Nalani, me, Eri Moriyama, and Jayde Nalani-Mei

Me, Eri Moriyama, and Pearl Nalani

Me and Jamie

Jayde Nalani-Mei, Amber Lancaster (Miss HIN), and Pam Rodriguez

Eri Moriyama and Pearl Nalani

Pearl Nalani, Jayde Nalani-Mei, and me

After the show, we all headed to the official HIN afterparty at Glo Lounge which had a tropical cabana feel and UV lights everywhere so were all literally glowing (our clothes at least). Several people from the show attended including the models (PMGirls, Lisa Fleming, Shelly Seng), the photographers (Julius and BabeBlvd guys), and some of the HIN staff even made it out after closing down the show. Rappers Southstar and Smilez were also in attendance. It was a perfect way for us all to unwind and party it up before we say good-bye and part ways until the next show. We did not want the night to end! Here are some pictures from the party:

Jenny Chu and me

Me, Pearl Nalani, and Jayde Nalani-Mei

Southstar, me, and Smilez

Lisa Fleming, Jayde Nalani-Mei, Pearl Nalani, and me

Lisa Fleming and Pearl Nalani

Well, that's about it. Thanks to everyone who welcomed me and made my first trip to Orlando a fun and memorable one :)

Sincerely,
Leigh Nguyen

0 Comments:



<< Home